This position is primarily responsible for delivering product to and from our customers and vendors. This includes preparing product, creating shipping documentation, material handling, and driving.
- Safely operate company vehicle to transport product with our vendors and customers.
- Prepare product to be shipped with the appropriate shipping documentation.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels within the company ERP system by properly receiving and shipping material within the system.
- Ensure the accuracy of material receipts by comparing packing lists to company purchase orders.
- Maintain work areas clean, safe, and orderly.
- High school diploma and 2+ years professional driving experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state of Michigan. Driving record must be free of moving violations and approved by SMI’s auto insurer.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and a positive team player. Ability to collaborate with others to solve problems.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
The above position description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the role as currently defined. It is neither wholly comprehensive nor permanent and is subject to regular review. The Company may revise the position description to adapt to our customer’s changing needs.