This position is responsible to assist and support the engineering team in our design and development process. This is a developmental position intended for those currently enrolled in a full-time college program for a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Design and develop manufacturing related fixtures, products, and tools.
- Check for interferences and perform stack-up analysis.
- Translate 3D models into 2D prints with complete GD&T.
- Work with team members to create robust designs.
- Participate in design reviews and system analysis.
- Communicate with the manufacturing team to design for production efficiency.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work area continually following 5S principles.
- Full-time college student seeking a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and CAD files.
- Proficient understanding of Solidworks modeling software.
- Moderate knowledge and understanding of GD&T and design intent.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and a positive team player. Ability to collaborate with others to solve problems.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Machining experience preferred.
The above position description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the role as currently defined. It is neither wholly comprehensive nor permanent and is subject to regular review. The Company may revise the position description to adapt to our customer’s changing needs.