This position is responsible for conducting testing procedures throughout our manufacturing process to ensure that our products meet print specifications and comply with SMI quality standards. The Quality Technician is also responsible for the generation and maintenance of appropriate quality control documentation.
- Ensure that all product meets print specifications and SMI quality standards by performing final and in process quality & dimensional checks.
- Utilize inspection equipment to generate inspection programs for recurring & high-volume jobs.
- Manage and control rejected product. Quarantine, dispose, and/or plan for rework appropriately.
- Prepare quality documentation (First Article Reports, Inspection Reports, etc.) for all jobs.
- Ensure all jobs requiring certifications have accurate documentation and that it is properly prepared and stored in an organized manner.
- Monitor and maintain measurement tools and their verification/calibration logs within the organization.
- Assist with 5S and Lean project planning and execution.
- Assist the shipping department by preparing product for shipment, as necessary.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work area continually following 5S principles.
- High school diploma.
- Two years of work-related experience in the Quality Control/Metrology field, with a general understanding of ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and CAD files. Must be able to reference customer specifications, notes, and procedures. Have knowledge and understanding of GD&T and design intent.
- Must be able to use inspection equipment (Micrometers, digital calipers, height gage, etc.).
- A strong working knowledge of spreadsheets, database, and word processing applications.
- Able to communicate effectively with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and a positive team player. Ability to collaborate with others to solve problems.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Be willing to work overtime to fulfill orders and meet customer demand.
The above position description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the role as currently defined. It is neither wholly comprehensive nor permanent and is subject to regular review. The Company may revise the position description to adapt to our customer’s changing needs.