This position is responsible for performing assembly of tools and fixtures according to established specifications and instructions. The Assembly Technician is also responsible for performing final fit and function verification of the assembled product and adjusts accordingly.
- Utilize and Interpret mechanical drawings and 3D models to assemble fixtures and tools.
- Assist the engineering department with complicated builds and provide feedback when required.
- Conduct product testing and performance testing and record the results.
- Perform pre-assembly activities such as reviewing prints and organizing parts as they become available.
- Request and maintain materials and supplies to ensure proper resources are always available.
- Perform regular maintenance on production tools and equipment.
- Perform machinist and fabricator duties when needed.
- Manage assigned job timelines ensuring On-Time-Delivery, working overtime as needed.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work area continually following 5S principles.
- High school diploma.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and CAD files. Ability to read and understand electrical and pneumatic schematics. Have knowledge and understanding of GD&T and design intent.
- Must be able to use inspection equipment (Micrometers, digital calipers, tape measure, etc.).
- Ability to operate CNC or manual machines and other support equipment when needed.
- Must be able to use basic hand and power tools, multimeters, and material handling equipment.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and a positive team player. Ability to collaborate with others to solve problems.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Be willing to work overtime to fulfill orders and meet customer demand.
The above position description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the role as currently defined. It is neither wholly comprehensive nor permanent and is subject to regular review. The Company may revise the position description to adapt to our customer’s changing needs.