This position is responsible for creating 2D and 3D designs internally to support the design, production and delivery of engineering solutions.
- Design and develop manufacturing related fixtures, products, and tools.
- Check for interferences and perform stack-up analysis.
- Translate 3D models into 2D prints with complete GD&T.
- Create designs with focus on manufacturability, robustness, and design intent.
- Participate in design reviews and system analysis.
- Communicate with the manufacturing team to design for production efficiency.
- Follow all required specifications and standards while designing fixtures, products, and tools.
- Assist the assembly team in building the fixtures, products, and tools designed by the engineering team.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work area continually following 5S principles.
- Keep up to date on industry and engineering standards.
- An Associate’s degree in Engineering/Design or equivalent experience.
- Excellent understanding of Solidworks modeling software. 4+ years’ experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, CAD files, and electrical schematics.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of GD&T and design intent.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials.
- Moderate knowledge of electrical systems.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and a positive team player. Ability to collaborate with others to solve problems.
- Able to effectively communicate technical ideas in a clear manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Machining experience preferred.
The above position description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the role as currently defined. It is neither wholly comprehensive nor permanent and is subject to regular review. The Company may revise the position description to adapt to our customer’s changing needs.