This position is responsible for performing set-ups, program edits, and operation of 3, 4, and 5 axis mills. In addition to the efficient operation of production lots, this role is responsible for the quality of product produced and inspection of the work produced using a wide range of precision measurement instruments.
- Efficiently set-up CNC Machines and equipment to produce products to print.
- Efficiently operate CNC Machines, producing quality product and managing machine operation.
- Identify opportunities for program improvement and detect worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Train and teach current apprentices on 3, 4, and 5 axis mill set-ups, program edits, and operation.
- Manage assigned job timelines ensuring On-Time-Delivery, working overtime as needed.
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve processes.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work area continually following 5S principles.
- High school diploma.
- 10+ years’ work experience operating (setup, programming & operation) of 3 and 5 axis mills.
- Must be able to read and interpret prints and CAD files.
- Have knowledge and understanding of GD&T and design intent.
- Must be able to use inspection equipment (Micrometers, calipers, height gage, etc.).
- Must be able to use basic hand tools, power tools, and material handling equipment.
- Experience with mill turns and 2 axis lathes preferred but not required.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and a positive team player. Ability to collaborate with others to solve problems.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Be willing to work overtime to fulfill orders and meet customer demand.
Key Performance Metrics
- Internal and Customer rejects
- On-time delivery
The above position description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the role as currently defined. It is neither wholly comprehensive nor permanent and is subject to regular review. The Company may revise the position description to adapt to our customer’s changing needs.